WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small pieces of data, stored in text files that are stored on your computer or other device when websites are loaded in a browser. Cookies allow a website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about a user’s or computer’s browsing habits and, depending on the information they contain and how you use your computer, may be used to recognize the user. The user’s browser stores cookies on the hard drive only during the current session, occupying minimal memory space and not harming the computer. Cookies do not contain any kind of specific personal information, and most of them are deleted from the hard drive at the end of the browser session (so-called cookies session). Most browsers accept cookies as standard and, regardless of the cookie, allow or prevent temporary or stored cookies in the security settings.
TYPES OF COOKIES
ACCORDING TO THEIR DURATION:
Session Cookies: A type of cookie designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page, and is not recorded on the user’s disk.
Persistent Cookies: They are a type of cookie in which the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
ACCORDING TO ITS PURPOSE:
– Technical Cookies: These are those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist in it, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing parts of restricted access, remembering the elements that make up an order, carrying out the purchase process of an order, applying for registration or participation in an event, using security elements during navigation, storing content for the dissemination of videos or sound or sharing content through social networks.
– Personalization Cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined according to a series of criteria in the user’s terminal such as, for example, the language, the type of browser through which the service is accessed, the regional configuration from which the service is accessed, and so on.
– Analysis Cookies: These are those that, whether processed by us or by third parties, allow us to quantify the number of users and thus carry out the measurement and statistical analysis of the use made by users of the service offered. In order to do this, your browsing on the web is analyzed in order to improve the offer of products or services.
– Advertising Cookies: These are those that allow the most efficient management of the advertising spaces available on the website, adapting the content of the advertisement to the content of the service requested or to the use made of our website.
– Behavioural advertising cookies: These are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the publisher has included in a website, application or platform from which it provides the service requested. These cookies store information on the behaviour of users obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows a specific profile to be developed to display advertising according to the same.
ACCORDING TO ITS MANAGEMENT
– Own Cookies: Those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
– Third-party Cookies: Those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
COOKIES USED ON THE PROSILVA WEBSITE:
The following is a list of the categories of cookies found on our site, and a description of what they do.
|Prosilva||viewed_cookie_policy||Cookie warning message||http://www.prosilva.com/politica-de-cookies/|
CHARACTERISTICS OF SOCIAL MEDIA
Our website uses the social media features (“Social Features”) provided by companies and services such as Facebook and Twitter to allow you to share information through these channels. The social features are identified on our website with the logos of their respective companies. These cookie files are owned by third parties who control them, so these third parties are responsible for their use (and not PROSILVA). As such, we cannot guarantee that we have listed all cookies you may receive from third parties, as they may change at any time as your needs change.
When you visit a PROSILVA web page that includes social features, your browser establishes a direct connection with the corresponding social network servers. Social features provide social networks with the information you accessed on the PROSILVA website and, if you logged into the social network, your visit may be logged into your account for that service. For example, if you click the “Like” button on Facebook, that information is relayed from your browser directly to Facebook and stored there. Even if you didn’t log into the social network, nor do you click on a social function on the PROSILVA website, there is a possibility that a social function can transmit your IP address to the social network.
For your convenience, below we share links to the most commonly used social features:
HOW DO I DISABLE COOKIES?
You can set your browser to accept cookies, reject cookies, or notify you when cookies are used. However, if you configure your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to use PROSILVA’s services or take advantage of all the functions of the website.
If you do not wish to receive tracking pixels, you need to disable HTML images in your email client, but this may affect your ability to view images in other emails you receive.
To allow, know, block or delete cookies stored on your computer you can do so by setting the options of the browser stored on your computer.
For example, you can find information on how to do this if you are using it as a browser:
Firefox from here:http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-los-sitios-we
Chrome from here:http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
Explorer from here:http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9
Safari from here:http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042
Operate from here: http://help.opera.com/Windows/11.50/es-ES/cookies.html